Monday 12 March 2012

Suicide bombers strike. Again!!!!!

I dont know what others think about this fiasco but honestly, I am sure a lot of people are tired of hearing excuses. Mr Jonthan has once more said that the government is doing 'all' that it can to stop this menace; but are they really?

What gives me even less confidence is this: the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) gives the total number of casualties as three while national newspapaers are reporting higher figures. If NEMA operatives are unable to efficiently deal with counting casualties what hope do we have that Boko Haram will be stopped.

My personal opinion; I think we need more transperency from the government on how they are dealing with this situation. We need to know that intelligence is being deployed in protecting the citizens. People in other countries have been targeted by similar organisations and their leaders have learned how to reduce the strikes. I suggest that our government can learn a thing or two from these countries in combating terrorism. Life is hard enough for an average citizen, why let terror be added to our burdens?

2 comments:

  1. my positive suggestions for helping people feel safer:

    1. Hold consultations with the citizens of areas under attack to find out from them what exactly they need to feel safer

    2. NEMA could provide advice centers for citizens to provide guidance on how to keep safe

    3. NEMA could provide dedicated lines so that people can anonymously call in to give information

    I am sure people have good suggestions, lets hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!.... I agree with u totally

    ReplyDelete